The FIDIC 2015 International Infrastructure Conference is delighted to announce that it has partnered with a technology company called Poken, which allows you to personalize your forum experience. To access the forum portal, click here.
Poken is a fast, fun and authentic way to exchange contact details or information by simply touching device-to-device or device to tag at the event. Click here to view a video.
You will be required to use Poken for the following:
- Check in and out of each session to record your attendance and receive your continuing education points
- Visit your interactive event portal (please use Internet Explorer v8 or above, Firefox or Chrome)
- Exchange personal information and business cards digitally at the event with other delegates
- Collect and download information
- Vote for your favorite Poster or Storyboard
- Download andthe use event app
For the FIDIC 2015 International Infrastructure Conference, devices will be automatically allocated during the registration process to delegates. Devices will be automatically issued to all delegates attending
Each person has a unique online profile associated to their Poken device, meaning you can instantly exchange contact details. Devices can be touched together to swap contact details, or can be touched to a ‘Tag’ to check in and out of a session, collect presentations, vote for your favorite Poster or Storyboard or even collect information from an exhibitor.
The Poken portal is the gateway to a global community that helps like-minded professionals keep in touch year round. When logging in, please use Internet Explorer v8 or above, Firefox or Chrome.
Within the Portal visitors can view an easy-to-read timeline which provides an online record of exactly who they met, where and when, as well as all of their ‘tagged’ connections, exhibitor literature, videos and case study presentations on their own personalized webpage.
Visitors will also be able to download limitless amounts of content from the various exhibitors they connected with at the FIDIC 2015 International Infrastructure Conference saving time and paper. In addition, where an exhibitor updates a brochure or marketing materials that a visitor had previously collected via Poken, the portal makes it easy to access the latest information in addition to update alerts.
The delegate can personalize their portal account to create a digital business card and choose what each delegate wishes to share with their contacts, from personal information to documents
To gain access, please click on the link within the automated welcome email sent directly from Poken which will also contain your log in credentials or go to www.poken.com for further information.
Presentation & Conference Documentation
Conference presentations and documentation will be made available on the portal in order for you to view. Please note that keynote and parallel session presentations will be made available at the end of each event day. Session presentations will be uploaded at the beginning of each day in order for delegates to view them during each session.
Sponsors and exhibitors will be using Poken tags which will contain materials or product information for delegates to collect information electronically. Anything from contact details to entire information packs and even video content can be made available to delegates.
When you attend a session at the event, you will be asked to check in and out using your Poken device – this will record your attendance so that you are able to collect your Continuing Education points after the event.
A dedicated mobile event app (HTML) is also available. The app will contain details of the speakers, sponsors, exhibitors and venue information. You will also be able to log into your Poken portal through the app in order to see your personalized agenda. For information please login from your mobile to http://m.poken.com
The Poken Process:
- Digitally exchange contact details with other people and collect documents, files and more from exhibitors to store in your online dashboard on portal. Simply touch you Poken device with others and you have successfully exchanged your details/documents once you see the Poken glow.
- Access your information in your Poken online portal by syncing your device at one of the Sync Stations at the show or plug into your computer’s USB port and get access to all your contacts and documents. You can choose to connect with them on LinkedIn, follow them on Twitter or check out their webpage.
- View your contacts on a timeline; download them to vCards or Apple Mail or Microsoft Outlook Contact or another format. View all the documents you collected in a simple online portal and get access to exclusive content. You can now save the burden of carrying bundles of paper as you walk around.
- Check in and out of sessions with your Poken device. Simply scan your Poken device on the Tag placed outside the Conference hall to record your attendance and your
- Vote for your favorite Poster or Storyboard as you walk past by touching your Poken device with the Tag placed on the Poster or Storyboard. Your vote will immediately be recorded in our system.
For any more information or questions, please refer to our FAQ list