Society of Engineers - UAE was formally organized on April 03, 1979 by the Ministry of Labor and Social Affairs - Ministerial Decree No. 33 1979 tofacilitate the increasing demands in professional expertise and accreditation of the engineers in the UAE. The society is a semi- government sector and a nonprofit organization who strives to provide great services to its 34,000 members.
National pioneering to engineers, Gulf extension, international contact and an engineering reference for the public and private sectors
Upgrading and activating the engineering role to build an architectural, industrial and commercial renaissance
Society of Engineers - UAE celebrates its 35 years of exceptional service to the public. We have accomplished outstanding achievements in accrediting the engineering certifications, regulating professional practices, standards and specifications and developing the skills and qualifications of all engineers in the UAE by our International accreditation committee.
Society of Engineers - UAE joined the Arab Engineers Federation in 1984 World Federation Engineering Organization in 1985 and Gulf Engineering Union in 1986. We are recognized by the ISO – 9001:2008 as the first engineering society acquiring the ISO certification in 2004.
Society of Engineers – UAE has 3 Centers:
- Training & Development Center
- Arbitration Center
- Employment Center
- International test Center
Society of Engineers – UAE’s Chapters:
- International Tunnelling Association [ITA - AITES]
- UAE Engineering Deans Council (UAE-EDC)
Society of Engineers - UAE’s International Accreditations:
- PMI (Project Management Institute) Registered Education Provider
- CBP (Certified Business Professional)
- AACE (Association for the Advancement of the Cost Engineers) – Planning & Scheduling Professional (PSP)
- IAM ( institute of Asset Management)
- BCS ( The Charted Institute of Information technology )
- Pearson VUE Authorized Test Center (GMAT, CIA ….etc.)
- ICDL (International Computer Driving License) Authorized Training Center
- Adobe – Authorized Training Center
- TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language)
- Global Engineering Deans Council (GEDC)
- International Federation of Engineering Education Societies (IFEES)
- National Council on Laser Certification Inc (NCLC)
Society of Engineers - UAE is distributing publications that give benefits to our members and the engineering field: World of Engineering Magazine, Consultant Offices Directory, Building & Construction Directory, Training & Development Center Guide and Discount Shopping & Leisure Guide.