International Federation of Consulting Engineers (FIDIC)
FIDIC is the International Federation of Consulting Engineers. Its members are national associations of consulting engineers. Founded in 1913, FIDIC is charged with promoting and implementing the consulting engineering industry’s strategic goals on behalf of its Member Associations, and to disseminate information and resources of interest to its members. Today, FIDIC membership covers 98 countries of the world.
- Be the recognised international authority on issues relating to consulting engineering best practice.
- Actively promote high standards of ethics and integrity among all stakeholders involved in the development of infrastructure worldwide.
- Maintain and enhance FIDIC’s representation of the consulting engineering industry worldwide.
- Enhance the image of consulting engineering.
- Promote and assist the worldwide development of viable consulting engineering industries.
- Promote and enhance the leading position of FIDIC’s Forms of Contract.
- Improve and develop FIDIC’s training and publishing activities.
- To promote and encourage the development of Young Professionals in the Consulting Engineering Industry.
FIDIC International Infrastructure Conference
FIDIC organises the annual International Infrastructure Conference in the furtherance of its goals. This conference is the major international event of the consulting engineering industry. The venue of the International Infrastructure Conference changes continent and region every year to ensure global representation.
Participants are industry leaders and decision makers of the Infrastructure industry.
Other FIDIC events that take place during the FIDIC International Conference are the FIDIC Best Practice Forum, the FIDIC Awards Gala, B2B sessions, and the Young Professional Management Training Programme.
FIDIC produces publications which include information for consulting engineers, project owners and international development agencies, contract documents and client-consultant agreements as well as international best practice guides.